Your question
Solved

CPU Upgrade - Toshiba Satellite Pro C850 pskc9a-01n00q

Tags:
  • Laptops
  • Toshiba
  • CPUs
  • Intel
Last response: in Laptop Tech Support
March 20, 2015 8:37:24 AM

Hi i was wondering if i could upgrade my laptop's CPU
i wanted to upgrade my laptop's CPU to one of this:
Intel Core i5-2450M @ 2.50GHz
Intel Pentium processor B960
Intel Core i3-2350M Processor
is it compatible on my laptop? and which CPU is best for Gaming?

Here are my specs for my laptop

EDIT:
OS: Windows 8.1 Pro
CPU Socket: 988B rPGA
MotherBoard Chipset: Intel Sandy Bridge
CPU: Intel Celeron B820 @ 1.70GHz
GPU: Intel HD Graphics
Ram: 6GB 1066MHz 2 slots are being used
BIOS Brand: Insyde Corp ver. 6.80

Please reply back ASP
Thank You

More about : cpu upgrade toshiba satellite pro c850 pskc9a 01n00q

March 20, 2015 8:39:05 AM

Marck Ignacio said:
Hi i was wondering if i could upgrade my laptop's CPU
i wanted to upgrade my laptop's CPU to one of this:
Intel Core i5-2450M @ 2.50GHz
Intel Pentium processor B960
Intel Core i3-2350M Processor
is it compatible on my laptop?

Here are my specs for my laptop

OS: Windows 8.1 Pro
CPU: Intel Celeron B820 @ 1.70GHz
GPU: Intel HD Graphics 3000
Ram: 6GB 1066MHz 2 slots are used

Please reply back ASP
Thank You


No you can't upgrade it since the CPU is soldered into the motherboard.
m
0
l
Related resources
a b à CPUs
a b D Laptop
March 20, 2015 9:27:02 AM

That video show the CPU cooler being removed, not the CPU.
That said, I don't believe your chip is soldered, but you biggest issue will be what processor Toshiba'a bios supports,
as that will be the limiting factor.
m
0
l
March 20, 2015 9:30:46 AM

jimpz said:
That video show the CPU cooler being removed, not the CPU.
That said, I don't believe your chip is soldered, but you biggest issue will be what processor Toshiba'a bios supports,
as that will be the limiting factor.


sorry i forgot to put some more details on it
can you see the sockets there looked the same and there is a small screw to remove the CPU
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
a b D Laptop
March 20, 2015 9:36:34 AM

The socket, while the same, doesn't guarantee other processors will work,
OEM's (Toshiba, Dell, HP) generally have bios' on the motherboards that only support a small selection of CPU's.

The other issue you'll have for games, is your graphics, very low end & not upgradeable.
m
0
l

Best solution

a b D Laptop
a b à CPUs
March 20, 2015 9:51:02 AM

Your Celeron B820 is socket FCPGA988, so it's NOT soldered. My laptop has the same socket and I was able to upgrade the Pentium B960 in my Asus x54c to an i5 2450M, then again to an i7 2670qm.
Share
March 20, 2015 10:34:07 AM

tman1 said:
Your Celeron B820 is socket FCPGA988, so it's NOT soldered. My laptop has the same socket and I was able to upgrade the Pentium B960 in my Asus x54c to an i5 2450M, then again to an i7 2670qm.


Thanks You
m
0
l
March 20, 2015 10:38:30 AM

One more thing if i upgrade my CPU to a better one will it improve my FPS?
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
a b D Laptop
March 20, 2015 11:06:19 AM

With the limited graphics you have, the CPU will not make much of a difference.
Part will depend on what game)
BUT again, the mobo bios will probably limit what cpu you can use, regardless of the socket being the same.
m
0
l
April 11, 2015 6:35:59 AM

jimpz said:
With the limited graphics you have, the CPU will not make much of a difference.
Part will depend on what game)
BUT again, the mobo bios will probably limit what cpu you can use, regardless of the socket being the same.


Sandy Bridge Processors have Intel Graphics in them, right?
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
a b D Laptop
April 11, 2015 6:35:22 PM

While they do have graphics in them, depending on the models you can upgrade to, the graphics may not be much of an upgrade,
even the latest Intel graphics are not exactly 'gaming ' graphics.
m
0
l
April 19, 2016 3:54:12 AM

tman1 said:
Your Celeron B820 is socket FCPGA988, so it's NOT soldered. My laptop has the same socket and I was able to upgrade the Pentium B960 in my Asus x54c to an i5 2450M, then again to an i7 2670qm.


hello i just got my toshiba satellite pro c850-1CW with the Part NO.PSCBXE-00J00EEN. it has celeron B830 @1.80GHz. can i upgrade its processor to core i3 or core i5?
m
0
l
Tom’s guide in the world
  • Germany
  • France
  • Italy
  • Ireland
  • UK
Follow Tom’s guide
Subscribe to our newsletter
  • add to twitter
  • add to facebook
  • ajouter un flux RSS