Best £500 PC speakers/sound?

druppes

Estimable
Sep 7, 2014
Hey all,

Best Editing PC sound setup for £300-£600?

I know nothing about sound but i'm editing more and more videos including both short and feature films so my sound needs to be a lot better than it is. I want good realistic sound. Preferably 2 monitors and base. I don't know much else. I have no room for a PCI sound card.

Any advice on what to get or where to look? Currently I have some altec Lansing speakers and sub that cost £150 total although good do sound a little tinny on the treble probably because the speakers/monitors are not in the normal box shape.

Any advice welcome.
Rupert

Solution
D
I would go for the KRK RP5 G3 - I have had a pair of KRK RP8 monitors for a while now and they have been AMAZING. I would also get the Audioengine D1 DAC - the DAC in your pc is likely to not be brilliant.
D

Deleted member 1697763

I would go for the KRK RP5 G3 - I have had a pair of KRK RP8 monitors for a while now and they have been AMAZING. I would also get the Audioengine D1 DAC - the DAC in your pc is likely to not be brilliant.

Solution

druppes

Estimable
Sep 7, 2014

Awesome, I think Iv seen them before on other peoples rigs, I think they look like a pretty good option :). I don't much like the idea of paying over £100 for a little box that i'm not really sure does lol. Is it going to make a lot of difference? My motherboard is very new but I'm guessing they cant of spent more than a few quid on the sound stuff. Is there a cheaper option than the Audio-engine? I have some analog converter box lying around that I have no idea where i got. It takes optical and converts it to a black and red cable. It requires power and is very small. Any idea what that is? I don't have it right now unfortunately so cant give the brand.

Thanks for the suggestion will probably just go with those lol