Your question
Solved

Can I use old pioneer sx 838 as preamp and power rear speakers and old marantz 140 to power fronts?

Tags:
  • Pioneer
  • Speakers
  • Audio
  • Power
Last response: in Audio
January 13, 2015 5:43:53 AM

Pioneer has 50wpc Marantz has 70wpc.

More about : pioneer 838 preamp power rear speakers marantz 140 power fronts

Best solution

January 13, 2015 6:29:24 AM

What are you feeding as input? Assuming you have RCA line level connectivity then you should be able to select some input (tape, CD, etc) that can accept the signal. Obviously any surround sound decoding has to be done prior to these two units.
Share
January 13, 2015 10:31:46 AM

Your receiver has stereo preouts your amp has stereo inputs. You only need a single stereo cable and to connect the speakers to the Marantz.
m
0
l
January 13, 2015 12:26:27 PM

Vembutech said:
Yes you can it will not cause any problem..


m
0
l
January 13, 2015 12:28:05 PM

Thank You, and my speakers thank you.
m
0
l
January 13, 2015 12:30:59 PM

kanewolf said:
What are you feeding as input? Assuming you have RCA line level connectivity then you should be able to select some input (tape, CD, etc) that can accept the signal. Obviously any surround sound decoding has to be done prior to these two units.


m
0
l
January 13, 2015 12:36:24 PM

Not worried about surround, I just wanted the 70wpc from the Marantz to feed the Klipsch Belles (front), and the 50wpc from the pioneer to feed the Heresys (rear). I have been told that if I use the pre-outs from the Pioneer to the Marantz I will bypass the Pioneers amp.
m
0
l
January 13, 2015 12:39:35 PM

Resounding said:
Not worried about surround, I just wanted the 70wpc from the Marantz to feed the Klipsch Belles (front), and the 50wpc from the pioneer to feed the Heresys (rear). I have been told that if I use the pre-outs from the Pioneer to the Marantz I will bypass the Pioneers amp.


If you feed a stereo signal into the Pioneer, then you could daisy chain the Marantz by tying the pre-out from the Pioneer to an input on the Marantz. That should have the Pioneer doing all the volume control.
m
0
l
January 13, 2015 1:08:23 PM

kanewolf said:
What are you feeding as input? Assuming you have RCA line level connectivity then you should be able to select some input (tape, CD, etc) that can accept the signal. Obviously any surround sound decoding has to be done prior to these two units.


kanewolf said:
Resounding said:
Not worried about surround, I just wanted the 70wpc from the Marantz to feed the Klipsch Belles (front), and the 50wpc from the pioneer to feed the Heresys (rear). I have been told that if I use the pre-outs from the Pioneer to the Marantz I will bypass the Pioneers amp.


If you feed a stereo signal into the Pioneer, then you could daisy chain the Marantz by tying the pre-out from the Pioneer to an input on the Marantz. That should have the Pioneer doing all the volume control.


m
0
l
January 13, 2015 1:12:55 PM

@'s cool because the Marantz is just an amplifier, heck, not even a power switch, just left and right attenuators. I just want to make sure the power from the Pioneer is not bypassed, so I will have the full power capability from both pieces.
m
0
l
Tom’s guide in the world
  • Germany
  • France
  • Italy
  • Ireland
  • UK
Follow Tom’s guide
Subscribe to our newsletter
  • add to twitter
  • add to facebook
  • ajouter un flux RSS