Looking for sub-900$ laptop for light gaming

Jan 4, 2015
Hi guys. I'm new here and I wanted to hear your suggestions before buying a laptop. I'm quite short on cash right now but I really need it for school since I'm taking a degree in computer science.

1. What is your budget?
Maximum of 40,000 PH Pesos (About $900)

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
About 15" would be great. Any more would be to cumbersome.

3. What screen resolution do you want?
Not really particular with this one but not lower than 1333x768

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
I spend school days 50 miles away from home and I need to bring my laptop home with me on weekends and holidays because I have no other device at home.

5. How much battery life do you need?
Not really important as I will be plugging it almost all of the time.

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Yeah, I want to play NBA2k15 on it. I also play some League of Legends and Dota2 from time to time. Also, if I can play some other new games like Tomb Raider, Batman Arkham City, DayZ and Dark Souls 2 that would be great. Not very particular with the settings though. I played NBA 2k14 on a Core i3 m330 laptop running on just the embedded Intel graphics card but on the lowest settings. My point is I don't mind lowering the settings.

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
As I have said, I'm taking a computer science degree so I would be doing some emulation (Android and VMWare) on this laptop.

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
I keep a lot of files so 1TB should do it.

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
I prefer not to buy online. Just the laptops to choose from.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
About two years. By that time, I should have graduated and moved back home and not have to buy a laptop.

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
Actually, I can live without them.

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
A lot of window shopping has led me to believe that ASUS has the best price ratio of all brands here. Lenovo and Acer will do just as well.

13. What country do you live in?
I live in the Philippines.

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
You can ask me and I'll comment back :)

Wog813

Estimable
Jun 2, 2015
I do custom system builds, and I can build you an AMAZING gaming system for around $600-$750, depending on what extras and upgrades you want. I am licensed and insured, and you get lifetime tech support as well as 20% off any future upgeades or new systems. My email is wogscustomcomputers@gmail.com. Let me know if you are still looking for one, I'm sure you will be happy if you do. Have a great day and happy gaming.