500 watt amp. 870 watt Sub will it blow or work?

Hondosaur

Estimable
Jan 3, 2015
I have a Dual Audio 870 watt sub with a JL Audio 500 watt amp will it push my sub without blowing it up? I had one in before that was a Dual Audio. But I blew it... I think i turned my intensity levels up to high out of excitement... Im almost positive thats how it blew... But not completely sure. Need a 2nd opinion Please

Solution
If you just take it easy and go slow you will be fine. You can damage a sub if you get carried away.

I had a 1200W Velodyne sub on a big @ss amp and it worked great, but (seriously) caused a bit of structural damage to my house when I cranked it all the way to, well 11 to be precise, on too many occasions. :D Fortunately, I sold the house and nobody ever noticed the damage.

RealBeast

Distinguished
If you just take it easy and go slow you will be fine. You can damage a sub if you get carried away.

I had a 1200W Velodyne sub on a big @ss amp and it worked great, but (seriously) caused a bit of structural damage to my house when I cranked it all the way to, well 11 to be precise, on too many occasions. :D Fortunately, I sold the house and nobody ever noticed the damage.

Solution