Your question
Closed

Adobe Flash Player Won't Install :(

Tags:
  • Adobe
Last response: in Apps General Discussion
September 18, 2014 8:33:16 AM

Hi all,

I have been having trouble trying to install Adobe Flash Player on my new computer lately. The download works fine, the installer runs but after allowing the installer to modify my computer the installer just displays a grey window with no text or anything. when I click X at the top right, it doesn't close and I have to close it via Task Manager.

Anyone know wtf is happening? :( 

Edit by a moderator.

Since one of the posts seems to be getting more attention(in a good way) here, I will be adding it to this post so users can try it first.

alchemist11 said:
Had the exact same trouble. Spent days looking for solutions all over the web. None worked. The solution is actually buried in one of the above answers. Nowhere else does it tell you to download the installer directly. Here you go: http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/latest/h...

More about : adobe flash player install

September 18, 2014 8:54:04 AM

What web browser and operating system are you using?
Score
0
September 18, 2014 9:45:30 AM

nukemaster said:
What web browser and operating system are you using?


Crap, accidentally made best answer xDDDDDDD.

I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium and I use Firefox and Chrome.
Score
0
Related resources
September 18, 2014 9:48:20 AM

I have removed the solution for you.

Chrome has its own built in version of Flash(it should work right away without any extra installations). Firefox should be able to instal flash as a standalone.

Please see here for some basic trouble shooting of Flash under firefox.
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/keep-flash-up-to-d...
Score
1
September 18, 2014 10:33:22 AM

nukemaster said:
I have removed the solution for you.

Chrome has its own built in version of Flash(it should work right away without any extra installations). Firefox should be able to instal flash as a standalone.

Please see here for some basic trouble shooting of Flash under firefox.
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/keep-flash-up-to-d...


It isn't just browser-based Flash, its also affects all other applications that use Flash. Here is what the window looks like. It stays like this for a while:

=141434972&filters[recent]=1&filters[publicOnly]=1&sort=1&o=0]http://
Score
0
September 18, 2014 11:25:31 AM

What other applications use flash. It has always been mostly a browser plugin as far as I know.

Even after a full uninstall with adobes own software you still get the blank screen when installing.

Please ensure you run the installer as an admin and also make sure it is not running from a network drive since that cases all kinds of issues.
Score
0
September 18, 2014 12:07:11 PM

14200523,0,35532 said:
What other applications use flash. It has always been mostly a browser plugin as far as I know.

Even after a full uninstall with adobes own software you still get the blank screen when installing.
/quotemsg]

I want the Steam Flash Plugin which needs Flash. And yes even after full uninstall with Adobe's stand-alone uninstaller, it comes up with the same screen when I try to re-install it.
Score
0
November 13, 2014 5:45:03 PM

I am having the exact same problem. Have you figured out the solution to this yet?

Score
0
November 16, 2014 3:34:38 AM

Same situation. I just did a fresh install of Win7Pro and when I try to install Flash, I'm just getting the blank grey box that can only be closed with TaskMgr.

Tried installing it as an add-on through Firefox, but it won't install automatically and when I select "manual install", it just takes me to the adobe page with the same downloader.

Very frustrating.
Score
0
November 21, 2014 8:52:02 PM

I've been having the exact same problem for the last few weeks. None of the searches I've done have turned up any helpful information, neither has Adobe support or any of the troubleshooting info...
Score
0
November 22, 2014 6:13:16 PM

SuperXanther said:
Hi all,

I have been having trouble trying to install Adobe Flash Player on my new computer lately. The download works fine, the installer runs but after allowing the installer to modify my computer the installer just displays a grey window with no text or anything. when I click X at the top right, it doesn't close and I have to close it via Task Manager.

Anyone know wtf is happening? :( 




DouglasR said:
I've been having the exact same problem for the last few weeks. None of the searches I've done have turned up any helpful information, neither has Adobe support or any of the troubleshooting info...


Been searching for a fix for this too. Just did a fresh install and having the exact same problem. Blank install box, have to use task manger to close it out. ANYONE have a solution?


Score
0
November 28, 2014 10:35:01 AM

I tried to install another Flash update, the window actually started working and it seemed to install but it turns out it actually didn't and failed. I must say this is really strange...
Score
0

Best solution

November 30, 2014 12:36:37 PM

I suffered with Flash Player blank installer screen just like everyone here until Condobloke on Bleeping Computers put me onto the following Adobe forum:

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1022066

where there are step-by-step instructions to revert v10.xx, which will correct Adobe's cockup release of later versions. They apparently haven't fixed Flash Player yet.

I've downloaded and SUCCESSFULLY installed v10.xx and everything in the garden is rosy again.

mgb
Share
December 24, 2014 1:56:32 PM

Try your security preferences in Safari to make sure allow plug-ins is checked
Score
0
December 30, 2014 1:42:20 PM

I am having the exact blank screen problem with Internet Explorer11. I already have flash v15 and get the blank screen when I try to update to flash v16. My last flash player update did the same thing and after about 2 weeks the update finally installed correctly. The answer by mgbinnewhaw made me think that Adobe isn't getting something right with their updates because this seems to be a common problem across every browser. I guess I'll just keep trying the update until it installs like last time.
Score
0
January 8, 2015 5:41:23 PM

To alchemist11: THANK YOU. You nailed it. The link that you showed in your Jan. 8th post worked on both of my computers. Give that man a gold star.
Score
0
January 8, 2015 5:43:55 PM

Perfect, After several months, your link fixed all my adobe flash updating problems on both my computers.
Score
0
January 9, 2015 9:09:17 PM

I have the same black box problem and Alchemists links aren't working for me. Thanks though. Flash player install from that link is just taking me in circles with uninstall and installing, still get the black box. :/ 
Score
0
January 11, 2015 9:29:58 AM

alchemist11 said:
Had the exact same trouble. Spent days looking for solutions all over the web. None worked. The solution is actually buried in one of the above answers. Nowhere else does it tell you to download the installer directly. Here you go: http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/latest/h...


Perfect!!!

Score
0
January 13, 2015 6:32:17 AM

I tried alchemist11's solution as well and it didn't work for me either. The installation window did pop up and said it finished but when I checked I saw I still had the same version. I finally searched for the Adobe Flash player in my start menu and opened the file from there. That worked for me.
Score
0
January 20, 2015 1:29:45 PM

alchemist11, thank you so much for that web link. I also had the same issue like the rest above. You are the best!!
Score
0
January 22, 2015 2:46:20 PM

Guys i got a blank screen and it wont close at all i am useing windows 7 download for internet explorer
Score
0
January 22, 2015 3:37:23 PM



To anyone asking me, Electricjohn, about this re-occurring Adobe Flash Player update problem: The answers posted by alchemist11 cured my problem. I see that this is not working for everyone. Because alchemist11's answer solved my problem, I did not research any further.
Good Luck.
Score
0
January 29, 2015 9:12:48 AM

alchemist11 said:
Had the exact same trouble. Spent days looking for solutions all over the web. None worked. The solution is actually buried in one of the above answers. Nowhere else does it tell you to download the installer directly. Here you go: http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/latest/h...


Thank you! After weeks of frustration and searching, your link did the trick in 90 seconds! Thanks! I had tried everything I knew to do, including disabling firewalls and security/malware programs and doing a system restore. I had spent quite a number of hours on this issue and found absolutely NO help on the adobe website. I greatly appreciate your tip!
Score
0
February 6, 2015 7:12:21 PM

Thank you Alchemist! Very easy to install and works. I too was having trouble and nothing was working. Thanks a lot!
Score
0
February 9, 2015 6:02:42 AM

Perfect! THANK YOU!!! You have relieved the wailing and gnashing of teeth in my house!!

Score
0
Tom’s guide in the world
  • Germany
  • France
  • Italy
  • Ireland
  • UK
Follow Tom’s guide
Subscribe to our newsletter
  • add to twitter
  • add to facebook
  • ajouter un flux RSS