Up to 1000 euros, which laptop to buy?

Georgegross

Estimable
Aug 15, 2014
Hello guys,

My name is George and I'm looking for a new laptop

I'm not quite sure if I'll game heavily on it (ill game for sure but I don't know if it will be heavy load games or not). First I need your help to decide between a MacBook and a normal laptop, what do you guys think?

The laptop will be used for college in general, and maybe gaming. It has to last a long time since I'm not rich and I had to work a lot and for a long time to get this money haha

I found this Asus here, what so you guys think about it?

http://www.amazon.de/gp/aw/d/B00IWPZL18/ref=mp_s_a_1_53?qid=1408153461&sr=1-53&pi=AC_SX110_SY165_QL70

Also this one which is slightest above my budget

http://www.amazon.de/gp/aw/d/B00D7E3TRM/ref=mp_s_a_1_34?qid=1408153426&sr=1-34&pi=AC_SX110_SY165_QL70

All suggestions are welcome, thanks a lot :D

Georgegross

Estimable
Aug 15, 2014
I was checking the specs of the macs and they seem to be really weak for the amount of money. But since everybody do recommend it I might be misinformed or not comparing in the right way

Georgegross

Estimable
Aug 15, 2014
Oh yes, before I forget. Since most of you are from America, please consider the same amount of money (1000 euro = 1000 US dollars), electronics here in Europe are usually the same price as in USA but in euros (they copy the price and just change the currency haha, which make it slighted expensiver)

G

"I was checking the specs of the macs and they seem to be really weak for the amount of money. But since everybody do recommend it I might be misinformed or not comparing in the right way"

Apple's hardware is overpriced and so is Alienware's (not that you mentioned AW but it's a good comparison that there can be over sized prices everywhere): Buying a Mac or an Alienware is paying for a brand you like and also an OS in mac's case which you believe you'll like better. Buy a mac if you really like its software or if you need OSX for some reason (developing for iOS, for example), buy a windows machine if you want more power/money and don't want to miss out many games like you would in mac or if you like windows more than mac.

short version: Mac if you need or prefer OSX over windows. Windows if you'd rather have windows than OSX. Your comparison is right

Georgegross

Estimable
Aug 15, 2014

Thanks a lot for your answer :D. Tbh I never used OSX, only IOS. I'm pretty much giving up on mac (beyond the overpriced specs, the basic version has too few storage capacity which is really bad for me).

What do you think about the 2 Asus laptops I posted?

Georgegross

Estimable
Aug 15, 2014

Thanks a lot for your answer mate.

Problem in the laptop you posted is the storage and ram, I already had a 4gb laptop and suffered a lot in some process. And the capacity in my case 1tb would be the greatest.

I can reach up 1200 euros (consider it as dollars for comparison, 1200 euros = 1200 US dollars)

Thanks a lot!