$500- 600 laptop for light gaming

flamefire999

Honorable
Nov 9, 2013
Hi everyone. My sister is looking for a laptop to play Minecraft, The Sims 3, Star Stable (some horse game).
1. What is your budget? $500- 600

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 15- 17

3. What screen resolution do you want? Max possible

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Powerful enough to get good frame rate on Minecraft, but enough battery life to lounge around for a couple hours.

5. How much battery life do you need? As much as possible

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? Yes. Minecraft, Sims 3 and Star Stable. High.

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) Watch YouTube videos, edit some photos, play games.

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? 750 gb

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. None

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? 3- 4 years

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? DVD writer and reader

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. None.

13. What country do you live in? USA

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
This is for my sister and she wants a computer that is easy to use. No she won't use a desktop she wants a laptop so shes not tied down.

Solution
Go for the MSI CX61 2PC-499US 15.6-Inch Laptop it should do well for you. It has the Intel Core i5-4200M 2.5 GHz processor which is good for gaming along with the NVIDIA Geforce GT820M with 2GB DDR3 VRAM dedicated graphics card , 8 GB RAM, etc. This laptop should be able to run Minecraft, The Sims 3, Star Stable etc on high settings with very good frames per second. It also has all the other features you are looking for as well as a great battery life which is very important. It is right within the price range you are working with, being sold for $689. See at link below ...

flamefire999

Honorable
Nov 9, 2013

Do you happen to know how many RAM slots this has? Because my sister wants around 8gb's (even though I told her that she doesn't need it).

The Tech Guy

Estimable
Aug 4, 2014
Go for the MSI CX61 2PC-499US 15.6-Inch Laptop it should do well for you. It has the Intel Core i5-4200M 2.5 GHz processor which is good for gaming along with the NVIDIA Geforce GT820M with 2GB DDR3 VRAM dedicated graphics card , 8 GB RAM, etc. This laptop should be able to run Minecraft, The Sims 3, Star Stable etc on high settings with very good frames per second. It also has all the other features you are looking for as well as a great battery life which is very important. It is right within the price range you are working with, being sold for $689. See at link below : http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ISKS4A2/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B00ISKS4A2&linkCode=as2&tag=newtomshardware-20&linkId=ZCP4OJJYWJONYENB

Solution

flamefire999

Honorable
Nov 9, 2013

That looks like a good one. Thanks! :)

The Tech Guy

Estimable
Aug 4, 2014

It doesn't just looks like. It is indeed a good one.. You are welcome.
All the best with gaming.