Need the best $2500 Gaming Notebook/Laptop, Help!

tommyturner12

Estimable
Apr 30, 2014
Hey guys.

A few days back I asked for a custom computer rig build. I thank you for the help, and you listed great builds. But I'm taking a different direction in gaming, now, and I need some help.

Yesterday, I was improving my gaming build. It was a solid $2300 build with dual 780 Ti's, water cooling, 16GB RAM, 3 TB HDD, 240GB SSD, Intel i7 processor, and it included a $250 monitor with peripherals. I loved it. I had been putting a month into studying components and I was ready to buy the pieces. However, I was leaving for vacation for 10 weeks for the summer, and I realized that I wouldn't be able to take the rig, as it is too heavy. So, just out of curiosity, I searched up the best gaming laptops for under $2500. I then realized, after research, that building a rig that was powerful wasn't as important to me as mobility. Not only that, but I found a notebook, the ASUS G750JZ-DS71, which had extremely powerful components: 24GB RAM, 2 128GB SSD's in RAID 0, an Intel i7 4700HQ (Which matches up to an Intel i5-4670 in terms of gaming performance), Windows 8.1 (optional), a 1TB 7200RPM HDD, and the newest and most powerful laptop GPU, the GTX 880m 4GB. It totals in at $2250.

This notebook is capable of running every game, no matter how demanding, with ultra settings, ALL eye candy, and anti aliasing at 30+ FPS. Yeah, I know, 30 FPS is weak compared to desktops, but that was with two of the most demanding games on the market, "Watch Dogs" and "Crysis 3", both with every setting maxed. Impressive. Very impressive, actually, and not to mention that 30+ FPS is actually very smooth game play. This is great for me, because I'll be playing a lot of Skyrim, and this baby handles all of the settings maxed at 60.2 FPS average. That is wonderful. I can imagine it runs it 30-35 FPS with mods, so I'm covered.

So, should I buy the ASUS G750JZ-DS71? There are multiple versions, and the best one is $3000, but just with 32GB RAM and other features that aren't too important. The laptop itself is amazing looking. The design is based off of a Raptor F-22 or something like that, and it has a stealth feeling to it. There are some cons, though, but nothing that affects game play, such as not being able to customize your keyboard backlight, which stays white. It has amazing cooling, and weighs about 9.4 pounds. It is incredibly silent, and the mousepad and the keyboard are amazing and comfortable. The battery life while gaming with all settings maxed is about 1.5-2 hours, and about 4 hours with just web browsing. It even has a Thunderbolt port! Any recommendations? Should I take a different laptop? No Alienware please, they overprice, but maybe something with dual 780m's? Anything under $2500 is solid, but I'll shell out an extra $100 if necessary. Many may say to not spend so much on a gaming laptop, but if I spent around $1500, I'd get something ay worse. Maybe the MSI GT70? But I heard they had cooling issues, and I also read about a few people not being able to game over 45 minutes, but it does have better specs than the ASUS. I need help! If you want the full review, here is the link:

http://www.laptopmag.com/reviews/laptops/asus-g750-xs72.aspx

Thank you for the help! I know gaming laptops quickly outdated, but I've made my choice and I will DEFINITELY not build a gaming rig. Like I said, mobility is most important.