HP 630 overheating when using dism or other apps

SuperAdithya

Estimable
May 24, 2014
Hi. I have an HP 630 Notebook, core i3 2.40ghz. Whenever I use DISM, or other apps like winreducer, rt 7 lite or when my cpu usage goes more than 20%, or I start playing some hd videos, the fan starts to spin loudly, resulting in a thermal shutdown. what should i do? it' a good fast laptop, but this frequent thermal shutdown is creating problems. Any help will be appreciated.

Zephyrium

Estimable
May 17, 2014
how old is it? could you take it back? otherwise make sure that you're not blocking the exhaust ports/don't have them covered.
If your really set on doing things yourself you could take it apart and see if the thermal past needs to be fixed/reapplied, If it's not that old though and you don't want to take it apart i would recommend returning it if it overheats so quickly.
Really sounds like you have a bad heatsink it shouldn't start overheat at such low CPU usage.

azathoth

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2011
Have you ever blown the dust out of it? Properly that is, blowing air with your mouth will not cut it.

All you have to do is properly clean out the dust with some compressed air (Compressor or Canned) and ensure the Vents are not blocked during use.

SuperAdithya

Estimable
May 24, 2014

Sorry, I forgot to mention that it overheats when the ram usage also goes too high, like 80-90%, and high disk usage.
The bottom part of the laptop is covered only. about 5 months ago, I gave this laptop to a service center for a new fan and had it fully cleaned. I dont understand why this happens only in this notebook, as I have a dell inspiron 1440 too, there is no too much fan noise and thermal shutdown,, even if the cpu and ram usage goes up to 100% !!:??:

SuperAdithya

Estimable
May 24, 2014

I had given this notebook at an hp service center for a new fan, and had it cleaned! I dont understand why this happens only in this notebook, as I have a dell inspiron 1440 too, there is no too much fan noise and thermal shutdown,, even if the cpu and ram usage goes up to 100% !!:??:

SuperAdithya

Estimable
May 24, 2014

I had given this notebook at an hp service center for a new fan, and had it cleaned! I dont understand why this happens only in this notebook, as I have a dell inspiron 1440 too, there is no too much fan noise and thermal shutdown,, even if the cpu and ram usage goes up to 100% !!:??: