Your question

What's windows experience, gaming, and rating of HP Pavilion dv7-4050em laptop

Tags:
  • Laptops
  • Quad Core
  • HP Pavilion
Last response: in Laptop Tech Support
April 25, 2014 4:51:34 PM

I am curious to get this laptop, i can get it for very good price but i am a bit skeptic because of low speed of processor, although it's quad core phenom, i have one dual core on desktop pc which works really fast and it's on 2.7ghz, but this quad core is only on 1.6 ghz.

And it looks like this laptop is very rare, i can't find anywhere experience and rating of this laptop, except specifications on the HP site.

Here are all the specs of laptop i want to get.

Quad core Phenom II P920, 1.6GHz
8 GB DDR3
1TB (hitachi 2x500 GB,7200rpm)
17.3", 1600x900, (Radeon HD 5650 1GB DDR3)

Can anyone say something about this laptop, what's experience and im mostly interested what windows ratings said about processor. And how fast it is ?

More about : windows experience gaming rating pavilion dv7 4050em laptop

a b D Laptop
April 25, 2014 5:20:11 PM

Sigh. I'm not trying to come off as a know it all here but let me teach you something. Even though your dual core is running at 2.7 ghz, that's split between two cores. The 1.6 ghz quad core has 4 cores, so it can handle more tasks easier. Basically, the its like multitasking. You can multitask twice as better on the quad core than the dual core basically. Also, just because you can't find the windows experience score anywhere online doesn't mean its rare. 99% of laptops are going to have their windows experience score posted with them, because most people find it inaccurate. I know you'll also say you can't find any reviews of it online. That just means either A: they weren't primarily sold online or B: some of the pages they were listed on were taken down or people just simply didn't leave a review. For the money, that is a great laptop. With a quad core processor and 8 gigs of ram, along with 7200 rpm drives in it, this should be a zippy little machine. You should also be able to game on it, but remember not every game is going to run at medium to high settings. Also, if you plan to game on it, please buy one of these: http://www.amazon.com/Cooler-Master-NotePal-Cooling-R9-...
That is basically a little stand with a fan meant to keep air flow going and keep the laptop very cool under high pressure, which can overheat and fry a laptop.
m
0
l
Related resources
April 25, 2014 7:21:55 PM

Diox55 said:
Sigh. I'm not trying to come off as a know it all here but let me teach you something. Even though your dual core is running at 2.7 ghz, that's split between two cores. The 1.6 ghz quad core has 4 cores, so it can handle more tasks easier. Basically, the its like multitasking. You can multitask twice as better on the quad core than the dual core basically. Also, just because you can't find the windows experience score anywhere online doesn't mean its rare. 99% of laptops are going to have their windows experience score posted with them, because most people find it inaccurate. I know you'll also say you can't find any reviews of it online. That just means either A: they weren't primarily sold online or B: some of the pages they were listed on were taken down or people just simply didn't leave a review. For the money, that is a great laptop. With a quad core processor and 8 gigs of ram, along with 7200 rpm drives in it, this should be a zippy little machine. You should also be able to game on it, but remember not every game is going to run at medium to high settings. Also, if you plan to game on it, please buy one of these: http://www.amazon.com/Cooler-Master-NotePal-Cooling-R9-...
That is basically a little stand with a fan meant to keep air flow going and keep the laptop very cool under high pressure, which can overheat and fry a laptop.


I became so called "casual gamer" now when i have alot of work to do, so some high gaming demanding is not problem. The quad core is definitely a plus for one part of my job, because i do alot of multitasking it should be much faster than my dual core, but than im a little skeptic because when i do some video, or rendering, or media projects 1.6ghz maybe won't be enough fast, and it will probably overheat faster.

I have a laptop with core 2 duo p8600 processor and i wanted an upgrade because the old one is with slower graphic, 4gb ddr2 and 15" 400gb hdd, but in the charts, it's processor is shown as faster than this quad core.

So is it really gain in upgrade. If the processor is a bit faster or some intel dual core i would bought laptop already. But im not just that sure if this quad core will gain me in better performance.
m
0
l
a b D Laptop
April 25, 2014 7:29:44 PM

lonerunner said:
Diox55 said:
Sigh. I'm not trying to come off as a know it all here but let me teach you something. Even though your dual core is running at 2.7 ghz, that's split between two cores. The 1.6 ghz quad core has 4 cores, so it can handle more tasks easier. Basically, the its like multitasking. You can multitask twice as better on the quad core than the dual core basically. Also, just because you can't find the windows experience score anywhere online doesn't mean its rare. 99% of laptops are going to have their windows experience score posted with them, because most people find it inaccurate. I know you'll also say you can't find any reviews of it online. That just means either A: they weren't primarily sold online or B: some of the pages they were listed on were taken down or people just simply didn't leave a review. For the money, that is a great laptop. With a quad core processor and 8 gigs of ram, along with 7200 rpm drives in it, this should be a zippy little machine. You should also be able to game on it, but remember not every game is going to run at medium to high settings. Also, if you plan to game on it, please buy one of these: http://www.amazon.com/Cooler-Master-NotePal-Cooling-R9-...
That is basically a little stand with a fan meant to keep air flow going and keep the laptop very cool under high pressure, which can overheat and fry a laptop.


I became so called "casual gamer" now when i have alot of work to do, so some high gaming demanding is not problem. The quad core is definitely a plus for one part of my job, because i do alot of multitasking it should be much faster than my dual core, but than im a little skeptic because when i do some video, or rendering, or media projects 1.6ghz maybe won't be enough fast, and it will probably overheat faster.

I have a laptop with core 2 duo p8600 processor and i wanted an upgrade because the old one is with slower graphic, 4gb ddr2 and 15" 400gb hdd, but in the charts, it's processor is shown as faster than this quad core.

So is it really gain in upgrade. If the processor is a bit faster or some intel dual core i would bought laptop already. But im not just that sure if this quad core will gain me in better performance.


It will. A core 2 duo is nice, but a quad core will always improve performance. Along with it, you also have 8 gigs of ddr3 ram (ddr3 ram is significantly faster than ddr2) and a radeon gpu. Don't hesitate, buy the quad core laptop it'll serve your needs well. I still recommend the cooler to, just in case you want to play some games or whatever. Edit- Also remember, the core 2 duo is a significantly older processor than the quad core.
m
0
l
April 26, 2014 2:57:58 AM

Diox55 said:
It will. A core 2 duo is nice, but a quad core will always improve performance. Along with it, you also have 8 gigs of ddr3 ram (ddr3 ram is significantly faster than ddr2) and a radeon gpu. Don't hesitate, buy the quad core laptop it'll serve your needs well. I still recommend the cooler to, just in case you want to play some games or whatever. Edit- Also remember, the core 2 duo is a significantly older processor than the quad core.


Of course, cooler is a must. When i bought my first laptop, first thing i did is that i bought cooler stand, i will get one for this laptop too, specially because it's amd it heats more than intel. Thank you for your feedback, i appreciate your help.
m
0
l
a b D Laptop
April 26, 2014 8:22:20 AM

lonerunner said:
Diox55 said:
It will. A core 2 duo is nice, but a quad core will always improve performance. Along with it, you also have 8 gigs of ddr3 ram (ddr3 ram is significantly faster than ddr2) and a radeon gpu. Don't hesitate, buy the quad core laptop it'll serve your needs well. I still recommend the cooler to, just in case you want to play some games or whatever. Edit- Also remember, the core 2 duo is a significantly older processor than the quad core.


Of course, cooler is a must. When i bought my first laptop, first thing i did is that i bought cooler stand, i will get one for this laptop too, specially because it's amd it heats more than intel. Thank you for your feedback, i appreciate your help.


No problem man, and if I came off as a douchebag/ know it all, I'm sorry. Just sometimes I like to try and make people learn things and some just want to be mean about it xD
m
0
l
Tom’s guide in the world
  • Germany
  • France
  • Italy
  • Ireland
  • UK
Follow Tom’s guide
Subscribe to our newsletter
  • add to twitter
  • add to facebook
  • ajouter un flux RSS