(£1000) Gaming Laptop or PS4?

xDarkEntity

Honorable
Jan 7, 2014
I have a choice of a gaming laptop costing up to £1000, and PS4 which is not even half as much, but price aside, which one is better?

Which one would have better specs, a £1000 laptop or a PS4.
(Also, could you link me to the laptop you suggest.)

I do plan on occasionally bringing out a gaming mouse and playing like that, so do not think the touch pad will hinder the experience.

I've forgotten to mention, if I were to be picking up a PS4, I'd also be purchasing the so called ultimate companion for the PS4 - the Vita.

I actually plan on buying either platforms today, so I'd like quick answers :p

xDarkEntity

Honorable
Jan 7, 2014
I wish I could, and I've even considered it. I can get an i7 4770k and a GTX 780 Ti coupled with 16gb ram with a budget like that, but with the limited amount of space I have, I can go with a £1000 (about $1500) laptop (with maybe a headset and probably a razer deathadder or something along the lines) or a PS4 (and a Vita with accessories like DS4 and camera).

|

Between the two, the PS4 is the obvious choice. Assuming both survives for 6 years, with the PS4 you don't need to bother to check if your PS4 meets the requirements to play PS4 games because it will. The console hardware is basically set in stone so any games designed for the PS4 is limited by that hardware. Even games released for 6 years from now.

PC hardware constantly changes so while the laptop may be able to play games at ultra settings today, I will guarantee you that you will not be able to do so with games released 2 or 3 years from now.

xDarkEntity

Honorable
Jan 7, 2014
I think I'll be fine with a PS4 and a vita (with of course, your usual accessories).
I think I *might* be able to fit in a cheap ass £250 laptop in there for basic daily computing tasks. That's unlikely, though.

G

no contest if ya got a grand burn'n a hole in ya pocket...... forget the laptop and PS4 , build a Gaming PC for the best experience.

quote "PC hardware constantly changes so while the laptop may be able to play games at ultra settings today, I will guarantee you that you will not be able to do so with games released 2 or 3 years from now."

yea there is that although you could of mentioned that you will be able to adjust the gfx setting on an PC (or laptop come to think of it but I dout ya get a laptop better for gaming than the ps4 for a grand) and the gfx will probs still look better

why I say that is because if you build the latest pc tech now its ahead of the ps4 tech buy at least 1 gen of gfx if ya got 780ti gfx im sure if you would have to lower gfx setting on that card you could instead have the option of upgrading the gfx card that would also give you new hardware features and gfx power way beyond what a ps4 could do unitll the ps5 comes out in other words your stuck with old hardware the whole 6 years with the ps4, either way its win win for pc lol

chromenut

Honorable
Oct 10, 2012

You could build an Mini ITX desktop if you dont have the room, they are similiar sized as PS4

chromenut

Honorable
Oct 10, 2012

You could build an Mini ITX desktop if you dont have the room, they are similiar sized as PS4

G

don't waste a grand on a laptop for gaming if that's your max budget, you will be better off with a PS4 for gaming given you cant have a PC

im guessing you'll need the gfx power equivalent to an HD7870 desktop gpu in a laptop to be close to the PS4 for gaming experience although don't quote me on it im just guessing the hardware equivalent for laptop but I wouldn't be surprised if I was close.