HP 630. I can nolonger charge my Laptop

Buerto

Honorable
Nov 12, 2013
Hi, I was using my laptop on Battery. After sometime i heard a sound inside my Latpop but i ignored. Then later i smelt something was burning so i thought it was the power socket. I ignored still. Later my laptop's battery got low so i plugged in my charger from a different socket. Thats when I realised that my laptop is not charging. I tested the charger in a different Laptop it was working. I ruled out that my Motherboard got burnt because I managed to use my Laptop, even after the sound from inside, until battery was empty..... Later i decided to open the back cover of my Laptop below my battery towards the side i insert the charging pin to see if anything got burnt, thats when I realised that there were some black square-like cells/power receptors(i am not sure of their name) one of them had cracked and had the appearance that it was burnt. PLEASE HELP.
1. What was the problem?
2. Is my MotherBoard okay?
3. Is My Laptop Obsolete?
4. Can I still repair it or Buy a new one?

1. Sounds like you were using the laptop with it plugged in, probably moving it around, bend the power socket till to touched something inside or lifted some pins, it shorted out and burnt the resistors or capacitors around the power charging circuit and fried it. Just because sound works, doesn't mean you didn't fry the charging circuit or something around it.

2. Probably not, well it works, but it won't power and charge, so not really.

3. No idea, you don't even mention the model.

4. Depends on what's fried, but more than likely it's going to be a costly repair, if repairable at all, or a new motherboard, which are insanely expensive for laptops.

Buerto

Honorable
Nov 12, 2013
I hope it doesnt turnt out that way......Ive checked inside and its like every piece of the motherboard has its own sticker written REPLACE WITH plus its serial number. So does that mean that I can buy separate parts of my hardware that has been fried