7.1 or 5.1 at $150? help on what to chose.

Generalcckid

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2011
I have a question, maybe 2. Are their any decent quality 7.1 audio systems for $100-150? (computer). if not are their any 5.1's?

could this sound card work with 5.1 as well?

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1111756&CatId=2769

i think ill be getting maybe 150 around christmas time and just thought i would see if i could upgrade my sound system. I dont want any BOSE or sometin thats complete overkill. I know that most games dont support 7.1, but it would still sound cool with music. Battlefield supports 5.1 so i think thats good.

Solution
for that low of a budget i'd be looking at the z506 for about $70 and if you really need a soundcard getting something in the $30-50 range. that $10 sabrent is likey a P.O.S.

for music... 2.1 or 2.0 is better since music is stere only. however you can push the front channels to the rear speakers when listening to music by changing your audio settings but you would need to change back before you play anything with surround. i would pick 5.1 over 7.1 any day since 5.1 has more support.
for that low of a budget i'd be looking at the z506 for about $70 and if you really need a soundcard getting something in the $30-50 range. that $10 sabrent is likey a P.O.S.

for music... 2.1 or 2.0 is better since music is stere only. however you can push the front channels to the rear speakers when listening to music by changing your audio settings but you would need to change back before you play anything with surround. i would pick 5.1 over 7.1 any day since 5.1 has more support.

Solution