HP 2000 laptop: Very Dim New Laptop Screen

Picaz Person

Honorable
Jul 2, 2013
I have this laptop.
I cracked the screen so I ordered a new one. I tried connecting the new screen and it is very dim, so dim that I cannot see it if the lid is on, but I can see it well enough if I shine a flashlight on it. I have a monitor so I extend the desktop and it works fine on that monitor, but I really want the screen to work. I also already threw out the cracked screen so I can't test it. :( Could there be a problem with this?:
4rp1.jpg

Or is the new screen faulty? Any help would be appreciated!

Solution
It's an LED screen, there is no invertor. I just looked it up.

Did the new screen come with the cable attached?

index.php

That's the cable, I wonder if the 2nd split off piece is what powers the LED array. See if you can tell if that is plugged into the screen.
If you need to shine a flashlight on it, it means that the invertor or backlight isn't working. Did you hook the invertor back up? did you order the EXACT right model screen. Sometimes there are many models and people order "close enough"

Picaz Person

Honorable
Jul 2, 2013
I checked the model of the screen, and it is the same. As for an invertor, is that the board I made a connection with in the picture in my original post, behind the screen? That was the only thing I removed when I removed the cracked screen, so it was the only thing I connected on the new screen.

It's an LED screen, there is no invertor. I just looked it up.

Did the new screen come with the cable attached?

index.php

That's the cable, I wonder if the 2nd split off piece is what powers the LED array. See if you can tell if that is plugged into the screen.

Solution

Picaz Person

Honorable
Jul 2, 2013
That's a strange picture... the 2nd piece is a lot shorter in that picture (but it is the right part number). Mine looks like this one: http://www.samsungusbcable.com/product.php?id=3184 and so the 2nd piece connects to the web cam at the top like this: http://imageshack.us/a/img838/3025/vsj4.jpg . Could the black end of the cable be insecure or broken, or would the screen not work at all? I want to know before I try buying a new one/disassembling. xD